CalfWise - Calf health products & services
CalfWise brings together the essentials for successful calf rearing on dairy farms. Proven, effective and integrated solutions enable you to have gold standard calf care that saves time, money and translates into a healthier herd with increased milk production.
Most dairy farms rear calves and one thing we have learned is that everyone does it differently. CalfWise uses extensive experience and expertise to provide flexible and integrated solutions that accommodate these differences. The CalfWise team will work to make your life easier by helping you raise calves as healthy as they can be. Whether you are a small family business or a large corporate enterprise, the products and services we provide are tailored to meet your individual farm needs.
- The Perfect Udder® Colostrum Management System is the key to easy and bio-secure collection, storage and feeding of colostrum on dairy farms. See the Perfect Udder FAQ
- DairyTech Platinum Series Pasteurisers use a process to heat treat colostrum that inactivates and kills the major pathogens in colostrum while maintaining immunoglobulins (antibodies) so that passive transfer of immunity is not affected. See Pasteurisers FAQ
- CalfWise Individual Locking Head Bails for calves have proven to be very successful on many farms in South West Victoria. The consistent, stress-free feeding regimen has shown health benefits and increased growth in dairy calves as well as enabling more efficient use of staff at feeding time. The locking head bails also allow for the utilisation of accelerated growth programs which rely on individual milk feeding systems.
- Brix refractometers assess colostrum quality. They are simple to use, robust and inexpensive.
- Calf coats keep calves warm, dry and healthier. These jackets are made of a durable, dirt and water resistant washable nylon shell with a polyester, insulated lining. Adjustable rear leg straps and chest straps allow the jackets to stay on the calves.
CalfWise services are divided into critical aspects of calf rearing. We encourage you to book in for a consultation so we can sit down together and map out your calf rearing needs for the year.
- pre-calving advice and vaccination strategies
- colostrum management and calf rearing risk assessments
- monitoring of passive transfer status and calf health
Housing & environment
- pre-season audits
- custom recommendations for new buildings or redesign of current housing
- bedding and ventilation solutions
Neonatal & post-weaning nutrition
- milk &/or milk replacer feeding regimes
- advice on accelerated growth programs
- concentrates and additives: how and when to feed them
- weaning protocols
- defining on-farm disease and mortality targets
- ongoing monitoring to allow early identification of health setbacks
- disease outbreak investigations
- post mortems and diagnosis of causative agents
- treatment and prevention protocols tailored for your farm
- establishing on-farm target weights
- monitoring of heifer growth rates
- CalfWise - right from the start training workshops
- relevant and practical, farm level advice using the most recent results and knowledge from local and global research