DECTOMAX® Injectable Solution is indicated for the treatment and control of gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, eyeworms, grubs (see precautions), sucking lice and mange mites.
DECTOMAX® Injectable Solution is a ready-to-use, colorless to pale yellow, sterile solution containing 1% w/v doramectin (10 mg/mL). In cattle, DECTOMAX is formulated to deliver the recommended dosage (200 mcg/kg of body weight) when given by subcutaneous (SC) or intramuscular (IM) injection at the rate of 1 mL/110 lb of body weight.
DECTOMAX Injectable Solution is approved for:
- The treatment and control of internal and external parasites of cattle.
- It is safe for use in beef cattle, including pregnant cows, newborn calves and bulls.
- The control of the following harmful species of gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, eyeworms, grubs (see precautions), sucking lice and mange mites. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
- DECTOMAX Injectable solution has been proven to effectively control infections and protect cattle from reinfection with Cooperia oncophora and Haemonchus placei for 14 days,Ostertagia ostertagi for 21 days and for Cooperia punctata, Oesophagostomum radiatum andDictyocaulus viviparus for 28 days after treatment.
- DECTOMAX Injectable solution was the first cattle endectocide or anthelmintic labeled for extended activity—up to 21 days—against Ostertagia ostertagi, one of the most damaging internal parasites. Controlling infection over an extended period delays accumulation of adult worms, subsequently reducing the number of parasite eggs shed onto pasture.
- DECTOMAX also protects against infection or reinfection with Dictyocaulaus viviparus,Oesophagostomum radiatum and Cooperia punctata for up to 28 days.
- No other single injectable product controls a broader spectrum of internal and external parasites as DECTOMAX—including 36 stages of adult parasites, L4 larvae and inhibited larvae.
- As an injectable solution, DECTOMAX offers precision dosing.
- DECTOMAX is a tissue-friendly injectable solution that can be administered by subcutaneous (SC) or intramuscular (IM) injection in the neck region. The recommended route is via SQ injection to minimize the risk of injection-site blemishes and is in accord with Beef Quality Assurance guidelines.
DECTOMAX is safe for use in beef cattle, including pregnant cows, newborn calves and bulls.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Vet Group users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.