Paramectin RV (double strength) pour on drench - 10L
For the control of internal parasites
Notify me when back in stock
A broad spectrum anthelmintic for the treatment and control of internal and external parasites of cattle.
Abamectin 10 g/L
Paramectin RV Pour-On for Cattle contains abamectin, a member of the avermectin family of compounds which have a unique mode of action unrelated to that of other products used to control parasites of cattle in Australia.
Paramectin RV Pour-On for Cattle reduces the need for separate drenching, dipping and spraying operations which were once common practices in the past. Resistance may develop to any drench.
Ask your local veterinary practitioner or animal health adviser for recommended parasite management practices for your area to reduce development of resistance. It is not recommended in strategic dipping programmes. It provides broad spectrum efficacy against sensitive strains of the following adult and immature internal and external parasites of cattle:
- Haemonchus placei - Barber’s pole worm
- Ostertagia ostertagi - Small brown stomach worm (including inhibited L4 stage). Controls infection acquired up to 14 days after treatment.
- Trichostrongylus axei - Stomach hair worm
- Trichostrongylus colubriformis - Intestinal hair worm
- Cooperia oncophora, C. punctata - Small intestinal worm
- Nematodirus spathiger - Thin-necked intestinal worm
- Oesophagostomum radiatum - Nodule worm
- Oesophagostomum venulosum - Large bowel worm
- Trichuris spp - Whip worm
- Strongyloides papillosus - Intestinal threadworm.
- Dictyocaulus viviparus - Large lungworm. Controls infection acquired up to 28 days after treatment.
- Linognathus vituli - Long-nosed sucking louse
- Haematopinus eurysternus - Short-nosed sucking louse
- Bovicola bovis - Biting louse. It does not provide full control of the cattle biting louse.
- Solenopotes capillatus - Little blue sucking louse.
- Boophilus microplus - Cattle Tick
- Haematobia irritans exigua - Buffalo Fly. Controls buffalo fly and protects cattle from reinfestation for up to 14 days after treatment.
Dosage and administration
The minimum retreatment interval permitted is 35 days. Dose the mob according to the heaviest animal by liveweight in the group (bulls, cows, steers, calves etc.) Do not underdose.
A representative sample of animals should be weighed before treatment either with scales or a weighband. Where there is a large variation in size within the group, draft into two or more lines based on bodyweight, to avoid excessive overdosing.
Dose: 1 mL per 20 kg bodyweight (500µg/kg bodyweight). Apply along topline from withers to base of tail.
Store below 30°C (Room Temperature). Store in original container.
- Milk: Nil
- Meat: DO NOT USE less than 35 days before slaughter for human consumption.
- ESI: DO NOT USE less than 42 days before slaughter for export. Confirm ESI is current by calling Jurox on 1800 023 312.
Warnings and contraindications
Do not dose calves under 50 kg.
Do not re-handle treated animals until the product has dried. When prior re-handling is necessary, wear cotton overalls or equivalent clothing and chemical resistant gloves. Clothing must be laundered after each day’s use.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Vet Group users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.