Nexgard 2kg - 4kg Dog 6 Pack
(2 to 4 kg) 6 PACK
Notify me when back in stock
No more complicated treatments or confusing instructions – just one chew, once a month for year-round protection from fleas and ticks.
NexGard is the first flea and tick treatment that comes as a tasty, beef-flavoured chew. The oral format also means no restrictions on swimming or bathing after treatment. Unlike some other oral products, NexGard can be given to your dog with or without food.
· How does nexgard® kill fleas ?
- nexgard contains the ingredient afoxolaner, which kills fleas by over-stimulating their nervous system.
· How long does it take nexgard® to kill fleas?
- NexGard® will kill existing fleas within 8 hours of initial administration.
· Why am i seeing more fleas on my pet after administering nexgard®
- NexGard® stimulates the fleas' nervous system, causing them to rise to the top of your dog's haircoat as they die.
· How long does nexgard® keep my dog protected from ticks?
- NexGard® will protect your dog from ticks (including the deadly Paralysis tick*) for a full month
· How long after administering nexgard® can my dog be bathed or go swimming?
- NexGard® can be administered directly before or after bathing or swimming. Because NexGard® is an oral product, your dog's coat can get wet straight after taking NexGard® and your dog will remain protected from fleas and ticks.
· Can i use it if my dog is on medication?
- In well-controlled field studies, NexGard® was used at the same time with other medications, such as vaccines, anthelmintics, antibiotics (including topicals), steroids, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (for arthritis), anaesthetics, and antihistamines with no adverse events.
· Is nexgard® safe to use for any breed of dog?
- NexGard® is safe and effective for any breed of dog when used as directed.
· Can nexgard® be used for cats and other pets?
- No. NexGard® should be used for dogs only.
· Does nexgard need to be given with food?
- NexGard does not need to be given with food. Pet owners can choose to give the chew at any time that suits them – with or without a meal.
· What if i'm unsure if my dog has taken the entire dose?
- Treated dogs should be observed for a few minutes to ensure that part of the dose is not lost or rejected. If it is suspected that any of the dose has been lost, then treat again with another full dose of NexGard.
In a large scale field study, it was found that the incidence of vomiting with NexGard was 3 times LESS compared to a popular oral flea tablet.2
· Do dogs like the taste of nexgard?
- In Australian field studies, more than 95% of households felt that NexGard was well accepted by their dogs.3
Based on taste, Nexgard was preferred 19:1 compared to a popular flea-only tablet.4
· Why is monthly treatment the best choice?
- NexGard's simple monthly dosing ensures an easy-to-remember treatment regimen which may help drive compliance.
· Can i administer it more than once a month?
- NexGard® should only be administered on a monthly basis. It's recommended that NexGard® is given to your dog on the same day of every month.
· How old does my dog need to be in order to take nexgard®?
- NexGard® can be used in puppies 8 weeks of age or older and weighing 2 kilograms or greater.
· Are there any side effects of nexgard®?
- While rare, reported side effects include vomiting, dry/flaky skin, diarrhoea, lethargy, and lack of appetite. Please discuss any unexpected effects with your veterinarian and/or contact Merial Australia on 1800 808 961.
· when shouldn't i use nexgard®?
- Do not give NexGard® to dogs under 2 kg or less than 8 weeks old. NexGard® is for dogs only and hasn't been evaluated for use in pregnant, breeding or lactating dogs.
Information referenced from www.nexgard.com.au
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Vet Group users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.